SMi Group reports: Chairman of the 4th Annual Ophthalmic Drugs conference has invited experts in the industry to join the discussion.
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, October 15, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ — As Chair of the 4th Annual Ophthalmic Drugs conference, I cordially invite you to attend this anticipated event taking place on the 22nd and 23rd of November 2021 in London, UK, including a new post conference workshop day – featuring an interactive half-day workshop, on the 24th November 2021 in London, UK.
With 50% of the global population predicted to have complications in their sight within the next few decades, ophthalmic medicine is set to become one of the biggest industries in pharmaceuticals. The global ophthalmic drug market is forecast to surpass $60 billion USD by 2025 with increasing focus from the industry on alternative delivery approaches and improving the effectiveness of the current repertoire of drugs in order to grow away from intravitreal injections and other surgical approaches to ocular therapy.
The Ophthalmic Drugs conference will bring together expertise from individuals in multiple disciplines of the field. The packed two-day agenda will offer a series of presentations, through which you will gain insight into new industry developments and clinical trials, innovations in the treatment of rare diseases, regulatory perspectives, and advances in gene therapy. Furthermore, the workshop day will explore the growing industry focus on the development of novel methods of ocular drug delivery, giving an unmissable insight into this emerging field of drug development.
Attendees stand to gain many valuable insights from this event, such as:
• Enhanced understanding of the newest techniques in ocular drug design and delivery
• Exploration of the impacts and applications of controlled release technologies
• Learning how advanced medical devices are changing the face of combined therapy
• Exposure to the latest developments in overcoming the challenges of treating such a complex organ
Big Pharma & Biotech Speakers:
• Aniz Girach, Chief Medical Officer, ProQR Therapeutics
• Victor Chong, Global Medical Head, Retinal Health, Boehringer Ingelheim
• Daniel Chung, Chief Medical Officer, SparingVision
• Jaya Chidambaram, Associate Clinical Director, Roche Genentech
• Kerrie Brady, Chief Executive Officer, Ocuterra Therapeutics
• Peter Morgan-Warren, Ophthalmology Specialist; Senior Medical Advisor, Bayer
• Gregoire Schwach, Leader Ocular and Drug Delivery, PTD Biologics Europe, Roche
• Francine Behar-Cohen, Chief Innovation Officer, Eyevensys
• Petra Kozma, Head of Clinical Development, Oxurion NV
• Magali Taiel, Chief Medical Officer, Gensight-Biologics
• Alan Franklin, CEO, ForwardVue Pharma
• Brian Levy, CEO, InflammX Therapeutics
• Raj Singh Thakur, Chair for Ocular Delivery Focus Group, Controlled Release Society
• Laurence Fitzhenry, Lecturer; Project Coordinator: ORBITAL-ITN
• Virginia Calder, Professor of Ocular Immunology, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
• Dr Ali Athab Al-Kinani, Senior Lecturer in Clinical Pharmaceutics, Kingston University London
• Damon Smith, CEO, TALLC Inc.
• Simon Kaja, CSO and VP Americas, Experimentica
To find out more and view the full agenda and register for the conference please visit www.ophthalmicdrugs.com/PR5EIN
Mitchell de Long
Vice President, Chemistry
(Conference Chairman for Ophthalmic Drugs)
Proudly Sponsored by Experimentica & TALLC
For sponsorship enquiries contact Alia Malick, Director on +44 (0)20 7827 6164 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For media queries please contact Richard Jones at email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7827 6088
22nd – 23rd November 2021
— ENDS —
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire