CA Building Code adopts Net-Zero Energy by 20/20. Explore this Energy Efficient home and save hundreds per month now by combining rooftop solar and Heat Pump.
SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA, USA, December 14, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Invest in SIDCO – (Sustainable Innovative Design & Construction) home and enjoy the comfortable environment and best indoor air quality in a Energy Efficient Home. Net Zero Home produces more energy than it consumes over a period of one year. Homes uses renewable energy produced by Solar panels which are prepaid and are included in price the house with a 25 year warranty. SIDCO Homes may provide allowance for the lease of an electric car of your choice thus taking one more car off the road that uses combustion fuel. But why do all this – Visit this home at 4910 Kenlar Drive, San Jose, Ca. 95124 or contact Francine Terrell at 408-202-5875 for personal viewing. Here is the rest of the story.
Mohan Mahal – Founder & CEO of SIDCO Homes is "Thankful to the Donor for a Gift of Life." for receiving a Heart Transplant 25 years ago. Till today I do not know if I got inspired or my new Heart that gave me new life got inspired by Dr Wolfgang Feist in Germany to build Passive Homes. A passive home is a rigorous, voluntary standard for energy efficiency in a building’s ecological footprint. It results in ultra low-energy buildings that require little energy for space heating and cooling. Passive Houses allow for space heating and cooling related energy savings of up to 90% compared with typical building it makes efficient use of the sun, internal heat sources and heat recovery, rendering conventional heating systems unnecessary throughout even in the coldest of winters.
How do we achieve these results in a remodeling project.
1. Make sure your walls and attic are well insulated.: – The house was taken down to the stud level and framers installed new walls where needed. Title 24 modeling was done to make the attic space as the closed sealed attic. Closed cell spray foam was used to seal the walls and the under the roof. This provided insulation and sealed all the openings to make the house airtight and Energy Efficient.
2.Upgrade or replace windows: – We replaced and installed all new double pane windows with the low u value. to keep the inside worm during winter and cool during summer months. The windows are sealed and made air tight.
3. Replace an older furnace with a high-efficiency system: – This is the most significant part of the Net Zero Home to conserve the energy. Typical homes have the furnaces using the gas for heating and air conditioning for cooling. SIDCO now has moved on to the Heat Pump technology which is more efficient than the furnaces. It provide the heating and cooling for the property. The power for these units are provided by Solar PV's.
4. Improve the efficiency of your hot water system: – The conventional systems have been water heaters keeping the water hot at all times. We have converted this house to the Tankless water system with a recirculation pump with enough capacity to supply the home with three bathrooms and a kitchen. There is new copper plumbing in the house and all the drain lines have also been replaced and installed.
5. Replace incandescent lightbulbs with LED lights: – This house has 100% LED lights in all the rooms. We have also use motion sensors in the bathrooms as needed by code to conserve the energy. In addition to this we have all new electric wiring in the whole house.
6. Install new refrigerator and appliances: – To improve the quality of the air in the house we have used BOSCH new appliances. The stove is induction cooking range which uses energy only when the pot is placed on the stove. To maximize the use of the Solar PV power the Washer and Dryer for this house is Miele Electric.
7. Installation of the new Roof:- The house has a complete new roof with 50 year warranty of Presidential Elite roofing material with OSB underlayment.
8. Totally Landscaped with water conservation drip system: – A project tis not complete till you give it a good curve appeal. We have the property completely landscaped for the family with water conservation plant and drip system for irrigation. There is a complete walk way around the house with concrete patio and storage area.
9. Schedule an energy audit: – Once the house was built and the doors and windows installed we got the blower door test done and applied for the US Departments's Home Energy Report. Once we got the result we were very proud of our accomplishment of building a home that got the highest score of 10 out of 10.
Where does the saving come from when you invest in a SIDCO Home? A typical homeowner with four bedrooms and 2.5 baths and four occupants spends on an average $200 on the energy bill about $200 for driving a gas car and another $200 on the payment or lease of car.
SIDCO – Homes are built with: – Solar panels installed and paid for with a 25-year warranty with electric bill less than $50.00. SIDCO may provide the allowance to pay for a two years lease on an electric car and the house has a 240 volt 40 Amp outlet installed for charging thus a saving of hundreds per month.
Please help us mitigate the climate change one house at a time and invest in the SIDCO Homes and enjoy the comfort of a Passive Inspired Energy Efficient Home.
This is Energy Efficient home with indoor air quality index of less than 50 during the Paradise fire.
Source: EIN Presswire